I’m hearing from a lot of investors right now who are concerned that “there’s nothing to buy” – most of which is driven by two things:
- That prices have risen to record levels
- That the headlines are so negative
I heard similar comments in late 1999, and again in 2007, too. Yet the right companies continued to be solid investments. And, not surprisingly, they remain so.
Altria Group Inc. (NYSE: MO), one of my favorites, for example, has returned a staggering 2,892% since Jan. 3, 2000. That’s enough to turn every $10,000 invested back then into $299,200 today.
My point is that there’s always a lot more value in the markets than people think, even with prices at all-time highs – if you know what to look for.
Here’s the secret…
1. Change your perspective and start looking away from all the things traditionally used to value a stock like Wall Street does, and instead look through the eyes of a CEO. They’re the ones tasked with real-world results, real-world progress, and real-world profits.
2. Traditional valuation metrics are of limited use in today’s markets. The PE ratio, for instance, is a Wall Street favorite, yet research shows that it has very little value when it comes to predicting the most successful investments. Anybody relying on these ratios instead of using the CEO lens I’m talking about risks missing the bigger picture and the true value of an investment. Profits, too.
3. Companies that can grow into high valuations are where you want to be. That’s why we talk about the fabulous five tech stocks frequently, why I’ve mentioned big defense players like Raytheon Co. (NYSE: RTN) regularly, and why I’ve recently recommended a key infrastructure player in our paid sister service, the Money Map Report, which is already turning in much stronger performance than its peers and the markets in general.
The CEO’s lens can be a very powerful analytic tool because it gives you strategic insight into where the savviest leaders are going, not to mention the profits they’ll find when they get there.
Readers who are following along with this metric in the Money Map Report had the chance to pocket average returns of 55.20% this year alone. Plus, they’re sitting on more than 30 open portfolio positions – all of which could deliver even higher profits moving forward.
Seventeen Triple-Digit Winners This Year… and Counting
Keith’s Money Map Report subscribers who have followed along with his recommendations are now sitting on 17 triple-digit winners this year – including a 201.68% return and 132.35% gain that closed out in the same week.
Each week, Keith shows everyday Americans how to tap into the world’s biggest high-profit trends, ahead of the crowd.
There’s nothing complicated or overly risky – and no guesswork involved.
Right now he’s looking at another double-your-money opportunity, and there’s still time to get in on it. Find out how to subscribe and access all of Keith’s recommendations by clicking here now.
*This has been a guest post by Money Morning*